As the winter months begin to unfurl their cold banner, individuals struggling with dry skin will reach for their favorite heavy moisturizers. Dry skin during the winter is a problem for even those with the best skin, much less the individuals who struggle with the cold and dehydrating air. As the cold weather sets in and humidity levels begin to drop, moisture flees our skin, leaving cracking and splitting in their place.
We understand that dry skin can become cracked which can lead to harsh results, including flaking, cracking, and even bleeding in some instances. While we may accept winter as a yearly event, we don’t have to accept our dry and cracked skin. If you are tired of trying different moisturizers and are ready to find a solution for dealing with the harsh winter temperatures, keep on reading!
Winter Weather & Dry Skin: How Cold Weather Impacts Our Skin’s Health
Why does our skin seem to struggle so much during the winter months? Why do the inclusion of cold air and harsh wind leave us feeling raw, rubbed red, and in pain? While there are certainly genetic aspects involved in the moisture of our skin, environmental factors will always play a bigger part.
Dry skin develops as a result of low humidity levels pulling moisture from our skin and into the environment. As harsh winds blow through us, the problem can become infinitely worse. Not to mention the fact that sudden heat can lead to further deterioration. Individuals struggling with conditions like eczema might also see renewed struggles.
The combination attack of low humidity outside as well as dry and hot air inside is enough to make our skin suffer. So, how can we keep our skin healthy, glowing, hydrated, and smooth with cold weather still ahead?
Adapt Your Skin Care Routine For Colder Temperatures
As it turns out, the best way to treat dry skin is by preventing it altogether. By incorporating the appropriate skincare products into our daily beauty routine, we can ensure that our skin is hydrated, nourished, and brimming with radiance.
We have to be careful during the colder months when it comes to incorporating new products into our skincare line, as results may vary. For that reason, we’ve decided to highlight a few of the most tried-and-true hydrating products in the marketplace.
- Moisture Boosting Serum – Leading the charge in the attack to repair dry skin is the Moisture Boosting Serum known as Genie in a Bottle from James Anthony Skincare. This powerful moisturizer utilizes essential vitamins K, A, B, D, and C as well as a Lipopeptide Complex with Rose Hip Oil to even tone, introduce hydration, ad promote anti-inflammation.
- Gentle Skin Cleanser – To promote skin health and vitality, we need to strip our skin of impurities without reducing our natural oils. In colder months, opt for a gentle pH Neutral Cleanser by companies like James Anthony to enjoy rejuvenation without degradation. The pH Neutral Probiotic Foaming Face Wash – Come Undone features Ginger Root Extract, Aloe Juice, and a gentle cleansing pH neutral formula.
- Hydrating Face Mask – Just because our skin is dry does not mean we have to avoid our favorite face masks. The Exfoliating & Hydrating Face Mask known as the Smooth Move Mask offers a rejuvenating source of hydration thanks to its complex blend of Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Papaya, and more. This mask penetrates deeper to properly remove dead skin cells leaving you with glowing, hydrated skin.
How to Avoid Dry Skin This Winter
While it is not possible to completely forego the winter weather and its associated impacts on our skin, there are a few key ways we can ensure our optimized skin health. Among the best ways to limit exposure to dry and cracked skin are the following:
- Skip Long & Hot Showers
- Always Wear Your Sunscreen
- Skip Tanning to Avoid UV Radiation
- Avoid Harsh & Sensitizing Skin Care Products
With a little bit of knowledge and a revitalized skincare routine anchored by James Anthony Skincare, it is possible to enjoy the cold while keeping your skin calm!